Delicious Cinnamon Treat
- Measuring Cups
- Mixing Bowls
- Stand Mixer, Electric hand mixer
- Shallow Bowls
- Bundt Pan
- 1 ½ cups Whole Milk
- 1 package Yeast
- ¼ cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- ⅓ cup Unsalted butter
- 1 tsp Salt
- 5 cups All Purpose Flour
- ¾ cups Unsalted Butter
- 1 ¼ cups Granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- ⅔ cups Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Confectioners sugar
- 3 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- Whisk the milk (warmed to 110°F) yeast, and sugar together in the bowl of your stand mixer. Cover and allow to sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Add eggs, butter, salt, and small amount flour. Using your stand mixers dough hook or paddle attachment (or electric hand mixer) beat ingredients on low speed for 30
seconds to start dough ball while scraping down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Slowly add the remaining flour. Beat on medium speed until the dough comes together and pulls away from the sides of the bowl, about 2 minutes.
- Remove bowl from stand mixer knead the dough by hand on a lightly floured surface for 2
- Lightly grease a large bowl with oil or nonstick spray. Place the dough in the greased bowl, turning it to coat all sides in the oil. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, or a clean kitchen towel. Allow the dough to rise 1-2 hours or until double in size.
- Once dough has doubled punch to remove any air or gas pockets. Generously grease a 10-12 cup bundt pan with butter or nonstick spray.
- Pinch a small amount of dough , roll into a large marble sized ball (approx 1 to 1¼ inches in diameter) dough should yield about 40-45 balls. Dip each ball in a shallow bowl with melted butter and roll in cinnamon- granulated sugar mixture to coat. Arrange balls in bundt pan.
- Once bundt pan is filled with dough balls wrap pan with plastic wrap, or a clean kitchen towel and allow the shaped balls to rise a second time for 20-30 minutes.
- Adjust oven rack to a lower position and preheat oven to 350°F (bundt pan should not be close to top element where the sugars can burn)
- Melt remaining 1/4 cup butter, then whisk in the brown sugar and vanilla extract. Pour evenly all over the dough balls.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until golden brown on top. Cover loosely with foil if the top is browning too quickly.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes, before inverting onto a
large serving plate or cake stand.
- While Monkey bread cools prepare icing by mixing confectionery's sugar, whole milk and vanilla extract.
- After inverting bundt pan onto your favorite serving dish drizzle with icing and voila you have Monkey bread.
- Bread can be sliced or enjoyed by plucking individual pieces of gooey cinnamon goodness from the larger form (This is the best way to enjoy it)
- Once dough balls have risen for a second time in the bundt pan cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 12 hours. Remove from refrigerator and allow the pan to sit on counter or stove-top while heating oven. Melt remaining butter (¼ cup), mix in brown sugar and vanilla. Pour warm mixture over dough balls and bake on the lower rack for 35-45 minutes.