- Cookie Sheet
- All Purpose Flour
- Unsalted Butter
- Icing Sugar
- Crushed Walnuts
- 1/8 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 6 Cloves
- Cocoa Powder
- Lemon Peel (zest)
- 2 Eggs
- Set Oven to 350°F
- Mix all dry ingredients including lemon zest in a mixing bowl and turn over onto a clean countertop.
- Form dry ingredients into a 'volcano-shaped' pile.
- Use hands to mix in softened butter into dry ingredients. Continue to knead ingredients to form a dough ball.
- **If the mixture is too dry to form into dough ball add one whole egg to the mixture – If it is still too dry add second whole egg**
- Wrap dough ball in plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator for one-half hour.
- Remove dough ball from the refrigerator and dust clean countertop with flour.
- Spray cookie molds with cooking spray.
- Pinch a small portion of dough from the ball and roll on the floured countertop to form a mini dough ball.
- Press the mini dough ball into cookie form making sure to press into all corners of the form.
- Press one last time in the middle of the cookie form to create a small divot to ensure cookies will take the shape of the form.
- Bake for 15 minutes cookies edges will be crisp and the dough should be hard, not soft or springy.
- Allow to cool for 2 minutes then tip the forms over to release cookies.
- Place cookies on your favorite Christmas platter and generously dust with sugar.