Czech Grandma Cake – Babovka
- Measuring Cups
- Kitchen Food Scale
- Bundt Pan
- 3 cups Instant Flour
- 1 ¾ cups Sugal (regular crystal)
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup Milk (skim, whole, 2%)
- 6 large Eggs
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 – 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder (unsweetened)
- ¼ cup Almonds (whole, sliced or slivers)
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Grease and Flour Bundt pan.
- Separate egg yolks from whites.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks (best results with a stand mixer, but hand blender works also).
- Add sugar and butter to egg yolks and beat until creamy (in the mixer).
- Mix flour and baking powder.
- Add milk, flour and egg whites to egg yolks a little at a time while beating with a mixer.
- Split batter into 2 bowls; about half and half. (one will be vanilla, the other cocoa)
- Add Cocoa powder to one of the bowls and stir in.
- OPTIONAL – If using almonds, add almonds to bunt pan prior to pouring the batter.
- Into the Bundt Pan: Pour all cocoa batter first, then add remaining batter from the second bowl.
- Place in the heated oven and let bake for 60 minutes.
Watch the video on YouTube: – https://youtu.be/h-scEamWwf0 Please visit out YouTube Channel and Like and Subscribe. Your support means alot to us and we do donate to charity a portion of the profits, so your help does matter. Thank you and enjoy, Nicole and team at Nicole’s Kitchen and Erben Living.